Lead Consultant | Data & Analytics.
We are looking for ambitious and creative BI developers that have a genuine passion for technology and analytics development.
Lead Consultant – Data Analytics
We are looking for a Jedi level developer who can develop BI solutions with the Microsoft Stack (Power BI, Azure, and SSMS, SSIS, SSRS etc.) and advise clients on the best end-to-end solutions to fit their data transformations.
You will lead projects, develop enterprise grade, organisational wide BI for our clients, and become a key leader in our Data & Analytics department.
You must be prepared to be firsthand and deliver work, but also build and lead teams, deal with clients and be ready to take a leading role in our Data & Analytics function.
You should be able to manage Agile delivery on projects you take ownership of, whilst keeping simplicity and efficiency at the core of what you do.
We are looking for ambitious and creative BI developers that have a genuine passion for technology and analytics development, who understand the value in data driven reporting, demonstrate a hunger for progression and are keen to help shape the future of how we deliver for our growing client base.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being both an effective team lead and a firsthand expert.
- Collaborating with clients to define business requirements for BI systems at all organisational levels.
- Building and leading teams, sometime across multiple projects – taking ownership and accountability.
- Developing on premise and cloud based, enterprise grade data pipelines and warehouses using MS SQL stack, Azure Synapse, and similar data applications.
- Ingesting data from various repositories, databases, and APIs to create a holistic overview of data for reporting.
- Data mining, modelling, cleaning, analysis, and report authoring.
- Developing rich analytical experiences in Power BI, with efficient use of drill throughs, tooltip pop-ups, measures, parameters, what if’s, UI’s and RLS.
- Working to an Agile delivery framework to deliver with continuous improvement.
Skills you will need:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business intelligence, or other big data environments.
- Lead or management experience, successfully managing teams on complex projects.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft BI and data solutions both on-prem & cloud.
- Proficiency with relational databases, e.g., MS SQL, Oracle SQL, Redshift, Vertica.
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting enormous quantities (hundreds of millions of rows) of data
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders, teams, and senior management.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with clients, business leaders and technical teams.
- Strong presentational skills.
Successful candidates will be required to provide examples of work & demonstrate their abilities with a provided dataset.
LOCATION: Remote with occasional travel to offices and social meet ups.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time Staff Position
Customisable benefits package with lots of options.
This is a UK based role – No recruiters please