Scammers are using our logo and pretending to be BaseOne, these phishing websites are impersonating our brand, attempting to deceive and mislead people. These fraudulent sites have been designed to look like our website, using our logos to create a false sense of security.
The websites are extracting money from people under false pretenses of generating money from leaving reviews, and doing fake data analysis of products claiming to be for the purpose of Amazon and ebay.
BaseOne.uk does not work with the general public. We are a business to business service provider and we do not run any other websites, other than baseone.uk.
What We Are Doing
Your security is our top priority. We are actively working to combat these malicious activities. Here’s what we are doing:
- Rapid Response: We have a dedicated team that is working tirelessly to identify and take down these fraudulent websites. We have successfully shut down several of these sites and are continuously monitoring for new ones.
- Working with Authorities: We are in contact with legal authorities and cybersecurity experts to address this issue effectively and bring the perpetrators to justice, including the Metropolitan Cyber Crime Unit.
- Enhancing Security Measures: We are strengthening our online security protocols to ensure that our official platforms are secure and safe for our users.
- Raising awareness on social media: We have continuous updates on LinkedIn, where we are naming any parties or companies, we find that are involved.
- We have an open case with Action Fraud Police UK. Case number NFRC231106306276
So far we have had the following sites shut down.
baseone-host.com baseone-grow.com baseone-program.com baseone-work.com baseone-summary.com baseone-web.net baseone-assign.com admin.baseone-talent.net baseone-marketing.com baseone-apps.com baseone-apps.net base-one.cc base-one-web.net
How to Identify Phishing Attempts
Phishing websites often look very similar to legitimate ones but pay attention to these signs:
- Check the URL: Always ensure that the website address is correct. Our official website is https://baseone.uk.
- Look for Security Certificates: A secure website will have a padlock symbol next to the URL, indicating that it is encrypted and secure.
- Be Wary of Unsolicited Requests: We will never ask for sensitive information like passwords or credit card numbers via email, we never ask for money, and we only work with legitimate businesses, not individuals.
- Poor Grammar and Spelling: Often, phishing sites will have noticeable grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
What You Can Do
- Stay Informed: Be aware of the latest phishing scams and know how to recognize them.
- Report Suspicious Activity to BaseOne: If you come across a website that you believe is impersonating our brand, please report it to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share phone numbers, screen shots and any other information we can use to report to authorities.
- Report Suspicious Activity to the authorities. The more people that report this, the more you will protect others.
- Verify Information: If you’re unsure about the legitimacy of any communication claiming to be from us, please contact our customer service directly.
- Use Secure Connections: Avoid accessing sensitive accounts over public Wi-Fi and always ensure your own internet connection is secure.
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to ensuring your safety and security. We apologize for any inconvenience or concern this situation may have caused. Please know that we are doing everything in our power to resolve this issue swiftly and prevent future occurrences.
Thank you for your continued trust and support. Together, we can fight against these malicious activities and protect our online community.
Please report any information to email@example.com.
Stay Safe, Aware & Vigilant